Sunday, March 11, 2007

Ever since the CNY had past, work start getting tougher and heavier for me, at any one time the work schedule and time seem not getting enough and easier. Not to mention have to duel with those upper and lower people, squeezing in between cause alot of unhappiness and frustration when things is not done.

Now that things is slowing down, I feel the funny side of things getting somewhere uneasy, say for instant the rules and regulation of the company. Everyone is following it and yet you face the manpower stortage, why? Simple, you report work at 7.00 am, work on a 9 hours routine you left at 4.00 pm, and in my industry, our movement of work is in the evening which normally end in late hour at 10-11 pm, how leh like that.

Upper people know it and start asking reasons why? so you re-schedule the shift to stagger, that covered up the late hour routine and what about me, stick around till late hour also which then you know your staffs know of their duty and doing it well, you leave early yet your phone rang sometimes.

Anyway forget about the small hit-up happening, my main concern is still the office politic, me a simple and discipline man, hee hee you think it's safe, nope nope nope, I also kena arrow on my back. This is hell of a hot topic in where I'm working, day in day out you heard so and so said this, who said that, playing taichi here and there.

I'm a ground man, last place to handle all out-put and always first to handle the in-put, and my job physical and technical work are critical during the handling, did any of those theory and document people know, I don't think so, it been in this format always and just a word or two, you get the shit, hee hee we are like a tank in the army, an elephant, thick skin lor, cannot die that type.

Do you people understand what I'm writing up there? ha ha this is my loh li loh so only, and writing abit here abit there, cannot emphasize too much or else I don't know who from my company read it and I'b getting letter.

Need a little tip from you people, I got a senior staff (more than 15 years) under my care, yes of course elder than me, I should say a lao gwee, OT paid worker but don't always work OT, the most 4 hours per week, puncture both ways in and out, spoken to him and he'll give you grandfather, grandmother story of his don't know what the hell, not willing to upgrade and always choose the easier task to handle, if given a more tougher task and wanted to finish urgent, either he said need more times or more manpower. If I'm not around he'll be idling and not doing and corperating with others.

Now in my mind I was thinking, should I or should I not issue warning letter like other colleague suggested, what ground cause no complaint from others about him and how am I going to deal with him.

At time given benefit to them, he's the first to oblige and act very fast and if it's opposite, hell, he's first to object and this was brought to the manager attention, koaz. Sometimes I just wonder why the manager believe what he said and not supporting my decision leh, this put me in a dilemma, am I the target cause I'm the marked man.

Now my situation here is just concentrate and do my daily responsibility to my abilities, others than things beyond my capacibilities, I don't give a damn, not that I wanted it that way, who give a damn of what I suggested and care for, who gain the credit if things being done well and beyond my jurisdiction, I even have customers called telling me, hey brother, this job given to other company to handle due to late reply from sales on the quotation and why you are not involve in this sales and negotiation. Did I care...er... er...not me, I don't cause they don't even want me to involve, why should I? A few customers also called and asked why now you like disappear, free come down visit them and have coffee or tea la. Don't worry, that I will, free coffee and tea leh, and coffee I don't want expensive type, Starbucks or Coffee Bean will do.

adious

7 comments:

sÞ¡ηηєє said...

take the pain test: which is more painful; to issue letter to warn that person? or get into trouble for not warning the person in adv when trouble hits.

i guess u'll know what to do ;)

lauhero said...

spin, tks n oh yes I know what to do, alrite. In additional I ask him clear leave and I'll change some job routines and schedules, get the head to approve it then let see what goes on from here. Ha ha you thk I si bei gan hor, yes, I am, got to do this if not the shit be on me, hahaha

Mockingbird said...

Coffee from Starbucks and Coffee Bean are expensive coffee! Ha, ha, ha...! :D

Casius said...

I had also encountered with similar type of ppl before. Typically, they have been in the company for longer and also older then his superior. They are forever unhappy and feel proud to show that they are very bo-chap. Personally, in work circle, there should be mutual respect. If the team cannot function as one, its not only counter productive and eventually, will lead to bigger problem. To me, in this kind of situation, its always either he leave or I leave.

lauhero said...

mockingbird, thank you man, I know it's not expensive type, even if they just give a cup of black coffee, hee hee it's still fine.

Casius, yes you are right they bo chap but if you think either he or you leave then it's very gong gong, fight for your right, giving up is not a solution, they don't performance and do your supervisor or higher level know, No, let them know, make things and life easier, why go, if worst ask for change or transfer to other team, and let the "tai ko" carry on "nua lo ki", as my situation very much different, I lead the group and they play lau qiao with and I do funny things which they don't like and see who die first, they gan I lagi gan, this the way to survive, man.

Casius said...

Hi LauHero, i think you misunderstood me. I do not mean that we have to leave to run away from the problem. In such a situation, when the team no longer function effectively, I will try to get rid of the bo-chap+act-old-bird king cos it affecting me. If I do not get management support for that, I will then leave the team as its just a matter of time that the team will sink! :)

lauhero said...

oh yes, that's the way Casius, the line to survive in this so call ECONOMIC world, selfishness always come in handy, situation play a vital conditional ground. Like many mental thought saying, "you die better than I die", that's the spirit, man, keep it up.