Saturday, September 29, 2007

Part 2 Yellow Ribbon

I wonder tomorrow will there be rain again, for 3 weeks been kicking under the wet and muddy condition, at least "lao tian yeh" give us some dry Sunday.

Let me recalled where did I stop my Yellow Ribbon, oh ya, RESPECT. Back to the situation that I have to TALK to M, the so called "TALK" to me is actually being ARROW and "Tio Tuan" despite submitted the report. First, you peoples must be thinking that this should be the HR job, right? Yes, it is, and this is due to HR "kia si kai wa" that M have a criminal record, may have a "pie lang been" that they are scare of, so this I kena "hope tio" cause he is for my department.

Before that when M's father approached me, I had refer him to the HR or Dy GM for their concern, no one seem to care, Dy said go to the HR and HR had the above condition mentioned. I hope tio and conducted the interview, after confirmation of his employment then they have this fucking problem arises in Part 1, then now I have to revise the damn bloody employment from permenant to contract, actually I have a thought to wait until his 3 months probation period to switch by saying his performance is satisfactory and counter offer on contract basic, but if things turn out that he is good, I'll feel bad and I'll be the same as those MF fuck thinking and concept, looking down on those ex-convict and if I have to tell him directly after the meeting then I be KNN LCL.

The minutes I step out of the room and walk out the office to stairway, I took out a cigarette and start smoking and thinking and walking down: how do I talk to him that I don't hurt his feeling and morale and confidence with the society. During my puffing away of cigarette, I feel: fuck man, they wanted to be "ho lang" and asked me to be LCL, I'll do the respectable by taking the risk.

When I reached my office, I called M in for discussion, M came in and seated.
I said: "Now M, I have just came down from meeting regarding your employment thing, upstair
peoples wanted me to tell you that since you have dose record and an ex-convict, with
the Yellow Ribbon campaign I have no reason not to give you a new life as what I have
spoken to you during the interview my directive, rules and regulation of the company
require from you.

M look uncomfortable about why I mentioned this again and said: " Yes, I understand."

I said: "Now those upstair peoples, itu orang artas said that, you know those peoples
upstair (I emphasize this words) wanted me to talk to you that instead to employ you
permenant, they wanted to change it to contract basic due to your record, you
remember this, it's not me, it's them, do you understand me and do you have
anything to say or ask me."

M said with a little unhappy tone: "Like that where can, you already confirm me, why like that."

I said:"NO, no, no, you listen to me, I know that I have confirm you, but the problem is not with
me, it's them that wanted me to tell you this, they want to be good peoples and asking
me to be LCL, you know what is LCL? Anyway it's a yearly renewal contract basic with
the same benefits others are enjoying, if you commit any criminal things, you are out and
also if they are not satisfy with your yearly performance appraisal submitted, you are
gone too, do you understand what I'm talking about? Do you have any questions?"

M look distress and disturb over this matter and was thinking hard and asked:"If like that,
where can, others all difference from me, only I contract, they look down on me leh."

I said: "I understand how you feel, this is not what I want, it's them (I'm thinking this moment,
I got to be LCL for once anyway) that wanted me to do this, my advice is since they do
this way, I can only say sorry to you that they change your employment appointment,
but stay put and work, do a better job performance to proof them wrong, also if you think
at the same time with us that you got better offer that you wanted to leave, I will not
stop you from doing."

M responded: "OK lah, this is what I can do at this moment, so how they want to do it."

I said: "OK, bring your appointment letter to exchange tomorrow."

Since then M have put in effort to his performances and duties, for the past 2 years which he had renew and extended the contract, and into his third mid-year, I left the company. From then onward, what will follow and happen next is beyond my knowledge and effort to interfere. This due to too much of authority and power struggling in there

During which at the time I spoken to him about his employment change, the next 2 days the whole company staffs know about the issue, huh, huh not me ok, it's him and his father and few of the peoples even confirmed with me about this, up till today, my answer to them is, you peoples work here, you peoples don't know that meh, go ask the HR or Dy lah, even some of the industry peoples knew about this and asked me, then my answer is I don't know, I follow instruction only. Now you peoples tell me, How am I not RESPECT them.

This Yellow Ribbon thing campiagn, I feel that the society should have given them a chance to survive and start a new life, doesn't mean that they are ex-convict, you look down on them, there is some better knowledge and understand the meaning of survival and life than many so call decent peoples, give it a thought. Next blog I try to write about my 1 year Taiwan encounter and life 25 years ago, the good time, the bad times and the scary.

No comments: