Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Update after 2 weeks "YELLOW RIBBON" case

Well, after 2 week end kicking, not so fun after all, rain and muddy patch field again, and I nearly injury myself again, heng ah, I do a breakfall to roll over some crown who tackle me, oh did I injure, well no, but he is and not that serious, cause the injury on the one tackle on me was being roll over by a "bulldozer" on the ground.

And this time round, no filipino liao, maybe is the rain which we also shift to the other location thinking that the field may be better and dry, na... also the same wet and muddy some more with many patchs of water, did you peoples watch the "The Longest Yards" , the movie about prisoners playing America football against the prison guards, star by Adam Sander, Stone Cold, Goldrush and so on something like that, ya ya the guard sabo them from training and pool up the training ground with water, but our is not so bad. Well, sometimes it's fun playing in this kind of condition, recalling back to my kampong life style playing football, so this time round it's the tireness and not the aching, still the same like a bull after farming.

The last time I did mentioned about Yellow Ribbon, here is one case that I encounted during my previous employment, this young man have a record of drug comsuming and was jail I think 3 years or something like that, his last year was at the lodging house learning some skill and technology to upgrade himself, after the full sentence was on parole, his father recommended him to look for me to start a new life and not go back on that drug thing again.

During the interview, here is the convesation between me and him:-
My first question is:"How many years are you charged with?"
(cause I already know his case from his father), this is to test and check him on honesty

His reply is: "3 years sir, last year on lodging house learning skill and upgrading."
I say : "Please don't call me sir, I'm not a police officer, my name is .........., or call me Mr........"
He reply : "Yes, sir."
I repeat again : "call me Mr..... or ...... will do, ok."
He again : "Yes, sir."
I feel kind of funny and asked: "do you peoples from inside came out like to treat your new enviroment after released as the same when you are inside there?"
he look a little blur and stare at me, from his mouth : "huh??????"
I responded : "that's it, that's the anwsering I want, short and sharp, no sir here or sir there."
He again : "yes sir, I will try sir."
Then in my mind I'm thinking: KNN, you got a secondary 2 standard, and my english is so simply and straight forward, you mean you cannot understand what I trying to tell you.
He sence my frustration from my face expression, he quickly: "ok Mr...., I try not to use sir."
Then I feel much better to talk and discuss the employment terms and conditions to him.

After the interview, I put up a report to my upstair plus the application toMD, HR and Dy.GM that I had confirmed the employment of this guy, I zapped a copy for my own reference, in case they lost it (they always do, acting very busy all day and idling outside on the road, pretending very hard working - there's a story why I said that - and claim no time to do other thing). Shit! my ass!, very busy, gwee siong shin.

Over the weekend, Monday start of a new week, new guy (call him M) started work, as my department are running on shift duty which he has to undergo orientation for 1 week to understudy the procedure, regulation, handling and safety aspect, he'll be on normal. 1, 2, 3 days passed then 4th morning I got a phone call from Dy.GM to discuss the new employment together with HR. Of all the timing or instantly we can discuss immediately, he wanted lunch time at his office, WTF, sacrify my lunch time for your conveniency then you can disappear again, CCB, don't give a damn fuck, I go for my lunch then after attend the discussion with him, let those MF wait, don't care.

After my lunch, and after my puff of cigarette then I climp up to 2nd floor office. He's in the office doing other things and where is the HR? I don't see the HR there, you know what, I never even knock his door and just walk straight in,
He look up and asked smilingly:" Yes, Mr..., what can I do for you?"
I noticed he forgotten and purposely reply: "Oh yes, where is the HR cha bor?"
He replied : "Are you ok, Mr..., did you get the wrong office?"
I responded : "Huh...(act blur) wrong office meh?you forgotten already huh?"
Then he look blank at me, thinking what the fuck I'm here for, but quickly he reacted and say:
"come, take a seat, what can I do for you"
In my heart I was thinking, knn don't know or forget just said so, don't fucking act like you can help and do everything for me, ccb style never change since day one, then the HR walk in, he again: "yes, what's up?"
HR look at me and I look at her and she wish him: "good afternoon Dy.GM."
he replied : "good afternoon."
as for me, I act blur and think afternoon good meh, after makan feel sleepy, if can wanted to take a nap somewhere, ha ha ha this one just joking la.
HR take out the report and application and told him that he is the one asked us to discuss about the new employment staff, then he : "Oh, yes, I forgotten about it, ok let make it short cause I have to rush for an appointment 2.30pm at Bukit Batok. "
I just sit there and think, kana sia just now earlier don't want to discuss, now want to rush the discussion, hope your tyre puncture halfway and late for appointment, knn CPEEKKYLPCBL (know what is this).
He asked: "so Mr...., your new employment seem like he had a problem?"
I answer: "problem??? bo ah, what problem?" actually I do know what he's trying to refer.
He asked again: " Ok, you employed him and I assume you know that he got a record, do you?"
I answer: " Oh... you mean that drug case, to me it ok, as far as I'm concern I put my directive, rules and regulation straight to him before the employment, is there a problem?"
He asked again: " Now, he had a record, don't you think it's very uncomfortable and inconvenient to the company and staff working here, and if he trying to create problem and go back to his drug, what are you going to do with it then?"
I look at the HR and ask: " what do you think of that, do you also have any questions about this too? Please raise your doubt first and I'll answer and explain again what I think and what I'll act which is all reported in my report to both of you that is not SO CLEAR to both."
HR responded : "ya, ok, my question is, is he still on parole and the rest is what the Dy.GM asked."
Here I go explaining what my report writen to them and even the MD which they do not know of, (detail will not disclosed further) and finally I asked: "Is there any further question to ask?"
Dy.GM asked: "OK, if that's the case, I would suggest to employ him as a yearly contract basic instead of permanent with the company and the benefit remain the same, which I think, it's still not safe because of his situation that may recurrent to his bad habit."
I reacted: "huh, contract basic, benefit same, that mean every year renewal, what about the yearly bonuses and how would you want me to tell him about the changes?"
Dy.GM : "Mr ..., that one I will leave it to your good hand, you decide the best way to talk to him, and warn him again that if he touches dose again and he's history."
I shake my head in dis-believe and feel the unfairness of human being, not to the new guy but to myself, you see la, no support from the management and kena arrow, that why peoples and friends always asked me one big big question : "KNN lauhero, you jin gar si hor (daring), Dy.GM also you no respect?"
I: "where you hear from that I don't respect him"
Them: "from mouth of kaypo la and himself telling peoples that you are like that toward him"
I: "commo man brother and sister, you know him too, do you think he deserve it from me"
I again: "A Man gain respect from others of what he do and what he had done, not ASK respect of what had NOT do and what he had NOT done."

In my mind, this is what some peoples are against those ex-convict, be it what ever cases they are in, yes they deserve it and you must be thinking kai si, eng kai, but they had already serve their punishment, why condemn them to such a state of no return. Especially the movie directed by Jack Neo, "Three Good Man" acted by Mark Lee, Henry Thia and Chen Jian Bin, remember this sentence by Mark Lee saying after trying so hard to find a job: "The judge sentence me to 10 years of imprisonment, but the society sentence me to LIFE imprisonment."
now think about it, does it make any sence, and why do the garman push for the Yellow Ribbon.

Don't be mistaken, I'm not a ex-convict, It just the though going on and I believe not all good peoples are good peoples, there is bad also, not all bad peoples got no good peoples, there is.

.........to be continue......

3 comments:

Old Beng said...

ha ha lim peh know the meaning of
CPEEKKYLPCBL = chiak pah eng eng khiaw kah yoh lan pa cho bo lan

lauhero said...

all right bros, that y u beng

Old Beng said...

Nah! o0o

Me Lau Beng you Lau hero, ha ha